Consumerism is the biggest scam in the history of scams. It is meant to keep us perpetually wanting more. More, more, more... always more.
Constant upgrades, planned obsolescence, and half a trillion dollars a year globally in pro-shopping brainwashing efforts keep us hooked and dependent. It's worse than crack, or cigarettes.
Breaking free of the vicious cycle of consumerism is liberating. It feels great to finally see the scam for what it is - a way to keep you unhappy and spending your money in a vain attempt to buy your way out.
But it is impossible to spend yourself out of a consumerism-induced funk. In order to beat this beast, all you have to do is quit spending. Spend less - be happier.
This is the secret they don't want you to know.
Get The Consumer Monkey Off Your Back
- Treat advertising like the infectious disease that it is - avoid it at all costs.
- The best things in life aren't things - cherish that which money can't buy.
- You DON'T "deserve" it, I don't care how hard you work - no one deserves it.
- Resistance is not futile - once you get practiced, you will be able to eliminate all unnecessary shopping with ease because doing so feels good.
- Don't buy things on credit - if you must have something, delay instant gratification and save enough money to make the purchase. Chances are by the time you have enough money saved, you will no longer desire the item.
- There are a million healthier ways to make yourself happy than going shopping - for example: go for a walk, watch nature, sing, give hugs, laugh, listen to or play music, climb a hill, dance, do nothing, help others, score a goal, run, play, make a cushion and sheet fort on the living room floor, crawl in and read a good book.