It has taken me many years to craft my personal form of simple living, and things will continue to evolve as conditions change and new knowledge becomes available. As the process unfolds it has been good to periodically check how things are progressing.
Assessments can be done by considering how my desires, wants and needs have changed over time.
Looking at my lifestyle, I knew I was on the right track when I desired:
- more community and less consumption
- more garden and less grocery store
- more time and less money
- more substance and less fluff
- more compassion and less offence
- more whole food and less factory food
- more nature and less technology
- more quality and less quantity
- more creativity and less pre-moulded pop culture
- more freedom and less stuff
Now how can we get the world on the right track before it is too late?