There are a lot of thing I would rather do than go to the mall, especially at this time of year. Sticking needles in my eyes comes to mind. Thankfully there are much better less painful alternatives. Here are a few off the top of my head.
- Sit by a campfire or wood stove.
- Have a long winter's nap (Linda and I slept in until 11:00 am this morning).
- Cross country ski miles and miles into the wilderness with a backpack and stay in a rustic cabin for a week (haven't done this one for a while, but it sure was fun when we did).
- Snuggle with my sweetie.
- Visit with friends.
- Go for a hike and visit the winter birds.
- Sit quietly and do nothing.
- Eat comfort food, then have a nap.
- Read a good book, or tell stories.
- Shovel snow off senior neighbours sidewalks... although I am feeling like a senior lately.
Hope you are all having a wonderfully simple holiday season full of the things you want to do.
Peace and Love to you and yours.