|“Good news is rare these days, and every glittering ounce of it should be cherished and hoarded and worshipped and fondled like a priceless diamond.” - Hunter S. Thompson|
Sometimes it seems like all the news is bad. New wars, old lies, and plenty of evidence that life as we knew it has changed for the worse. I need some good news, and went in search of just that today.
To my delight, I found some. Hidden among the many feet of doom and gloom I found a few inches of goodness that lead me to believe that we are moving forward, albeit as slowly as a pre-climate change glacier.
Here are a few uplifting items that I picked out of a random read of various news sources on the net today:
- McDonalds in trouble due to "a fundamental shift to healthier eating".
- Kraft making changes in response to shrinking sales and unhealthy profits - promise to take some of the crap out of their processed foods to please customers looking for "more natural" products.
- Campbell's soup maker shaking up the program after reduced sales.
- Chocolate makers introducing "healthier" ingredients to try to sweeten their bottom line - to replace high fructose corn syrup with sugar.
- Politicians giving themselves a 5% pay cut in Alberta.
- Greece standing up to the banking gang.
- The green energy industry employs more people in Canada than the tar sands.
- We are 26 days away from Spring (Friday, March 20th).
That's 26 days folks. Have a good weekend.