"If you want your children to turn out well, spend twice as much time with them, and half as much money."
- Pauline Phillips
Spending time with kids is more important than spending money on them. There is no substitute for giving your children your full loving care and attention on a regular basis.
Schedule Regular Quality Time With Your Kids
It is important to schedule regular quality time with your kids. During this time give them the gift of your undivided attention, and love.
1) Brainstorm activities you both enjoy. During this stage think big - anything goes. You can decide on the practicality of suggestions later. Focus on activities not dependent on spending money. Quiet time is important, and there are many free things you can do together.
2) Make your schedule age appropriate:
- children (2 - 6 yrs old) a minimum of 10 min/day.
- youth (7 - 12 yrs old) a minimum of 30 min/week.
- teens/young adults (13 yrs and older) a minimum of 60 min/month.
4) Stick to your schedule. You can show your kids how important you think they are by making every effort to maintain your regular scheduled time together.
5) Enjoy each others company. Kids are great, and they will think you are too if you show them you have the time for them.
|Too busy making a living, not enough time making a life.|