|My dream home|
Could Linda and I live in 300 sq. ft.? I think we could because we both enjoy living in small spaces. Our current home is 582 sq. ft. and sometimes it seems like more than we need. We could reduce our living space even further.
For most of history people have lived in small spaces reflecting a desire to use materials and energy in a thrifty and efficient manner. Survival depended on a judicious use of resources. It still does.
|Click on image for larger version|
10 Reasons I Enjoy Living In A Small Space
- There is nowhere to store, stash, and stow extraneous stuff leaving less to think about.
- I can vacuum our entire home from a single electrical outlet.
- It is close and intimate if you really like who you are living with. I do.
- Everything is immediately at hand - most of it can be seen in a single glance. Things rarely get lost, not even socks or keys.
- A small space requires us to be selective about our possessions - we only have space for meaningful, useful, and functional things. Double purpose or multi-purpose items are best.
- It is less expensive to heat and cool a small space in the era of rapidly increasing energy costs.
- Living in a small space makes me appreciate what is outside more.
- It reminds me of camping or traveling, or being a student - it is an enjoyable challenge because it cuts life to the essentials so you can concentrate on things that are really important to you (being in nature, seeing new places, learning new things).
- It is as cozy as a fort made out of couch cushions and blankets in the living room.
- It is enough.